Monday, June 21, 2010

Second Friday of the Second Week of Doom

Today, we had another lecture on "Defining Creativity" and we watched a few videos related to the topic lectured on. Mr. Mus spoke about the myths on what creativity actually is, for example:
1. Only special talented people are creative.


2. Being creative is hard.
3. Problems are in our life to make it more difficult.
4. I am not creative.
5. Innovation is the domain of geniuses.
6. I have to have brand new ideas in order for me to be considered creative.
7. Brainstorming is hard work.
8. Only artists need to be creative.
9. Using structured creative techniques will hinder my ability to be creative.

I have to say that these myths are stereotypical. Not that I'm saying they are entirely fake, but very stereotypical. I mean, there is no such thing as creativity belongs to only creative workers. Everyone is creative their own way. Be it architects, journalists, news reporter, chefs and the list goes on.


Anyway, after the lecture, we watched a video on a talk given by Sir Ken Robinson. He explains why school kills off creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment